This position is the first line of contact with our PaperSave customers in need of technical support. The request may originate by eMail, telephone or via the portal. The help desk technician will handle the initial resolution attempt by using the Knowledge Base to research the issue. The technician will be expected to learn our product in order to answer basic support questions that arise and eventually resolve more complex issues. The position requires working closely with management, other support/installation technicians, and customers to provide high quality customer support in a professional and courteous manner.
Desired Values and Capabilities:
- A demonstrated ability and desire to perform technical support, problem diagnosis and resolution, and other support tasks for the software and associated programs at a very high degree of accuracy and speed.
- A demonstrated, personal commitment to the utilization of technology to achieve business value.
- Good team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Enjoy working with computer environments in a small to mid-size business.
- Understands assignments and follows instructions.
- Work with other staff members to improve, streamline, and enhance support procedures and to provide additional support methods to customers and end-users
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- Working knowledge of internet communications / protocols.
- Basic MSSQL Database knowledge.
- Basic working knowledge of networks.
- Ability to update internal and external customer support knowledge base.
- Ability to multi-task. Self-motivated learner. Enjoy problem solving.
- Tracking detailed information about each customer’s service needs in an on-line database.
- Degree (or working towards a degree) in Computer Science or related field with a GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Perform other assigned duties, as requested.